Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Look UP!

Today I'm reminded that God controls ALL things, even people's hearts. Today, I'm asking God to change the heart of one person--a woman in Hawassa, Ethiopia.
This woman is our finder---the person who discovered Melaku when he was three months old.
The orphanage contacted her by phone and asked if she is available for an Embassy interview this upcoming Monday. They heard nothing back and have not been able to get in touch with her because...wait for it...she has turned her phone off.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she doesn't want to travel the five hours to Addis to interview with the Embassy about a baby she was unfortunate enough to find on the steps of her workplace.
The orphanage personnel is going to travel to Hawassa and attempt to speak with her in person and persuade her to come.
They'll never persuade her because we (humans) cannot change people's hearts---only GOD can.
I believe there is a delay in our case for a reason. I don't know what the reason is and I don't need to know because if I needed to know, God would show me.
I know this journey isn't just about Zack and me and a little boy in Ethiopia.  It's about a picture story that God is writing and I have no idea all the twists and turns that are involved in it.
I pray that we are at the climax of the story---the part in a story where the action peaks and you know the conflict is headed toward a resolution.
We have several prayer requests:
1. Pray first and foremost that God's will is accomplished. (May someone come to know Him as their personal Savior during this process!)
2. That God will soften the heart of the finder and she will travel for the interview.
3. If it's God's will for her not to travel, that our case will move quickly to Nairobi, Kenya and that the USCIS will process our case in a timely manner.

I'll leave you on a happy note...
Today is Melaku's FIRST birthday! So, Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Melaku Thurman!

Thank you for being on this journey with us!! PRAY!
 Don't you want to see this face in person?

No comments:

Post a Comment