Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Broke(n)Down Luggage, etc.

(Disclaimer: this post is just the minute details of our flight. Feel free to skim the boring parts.)
Luggage was not made to survive arduous flights and careless handling.
Thus, the first thing we had to do when we reached Washington, D.C. (actually it was Chantilly, VA) was to buy a new piece of luggage. We ate well, slept so-so, and arrived at the airport in record time thanks to our Colombian-born shuttle driver.
Our plane took off ahead of schedule and then had to make an unexpected landing in Rome to pick up some stranded Europeans.
May I just pause and say that life is such a wild ride at times?!
The man next to me must be deaf because he blares the sound to his movie, music, etc. I get to share in his viewing/listening experience with him. As way of thanking him I'm now blaring The Lumineers back at him. He can thank me later for introducing him to great music. (You can, too.)
On a different note, my dinner on the plane tasted like...bad breath. Yes, food can taste like bad breath. Lol
This ride is almost over and I can't wait to get my hands on my chubby boy Melaku.
My new meal has arrived. We'll see if it tastes like bad breath too!

No comments:

Post a Comment