Monday, May 13, 2013

Boys, Boys!

Three months can seem like a little bit or a lot depending upon the circumstances. Before James was home, three months was a lot. A lot of days to wait. Now that he's home, three months have literally flown by. It has been three months of learning our new normal and we're not quite there yet. Some days seem like dreams with smiles all day and that fuzzy feeling of togetherness. Other days seem like long journeys up a steep mountain, like I'm that mountain climber from that game on the Price Is Right. You know the one? If he reaches the top he falls off. There are more "Other Days" than the dream ones. I've learned and am still learning a lot.
The grafting process takes time, for everyone. But we have made leaps and bounds and them sometimes we regress and I feel like that climber who fell off the peak.
I've learned that no matter how young, abandonment is a tough thing, even for a little fella and sometimes it might make him angry and sometimes maybe that anger has to be expressed through tears or fits.
Overall, I'd call these last three months a success. We've gotten some tubes in James' ears which improved his hearing by 30 decibels. John Owen has adjusted to having a little brother and James has learned to hold his own against John Owen.
I feel very blessed to have these two boys to invest my time in and even more blessed that it's what I do all day long.
They for sure make me smile way more than they make me frustrated.

1 comment:

  1. awww, so glad yall are home and together! He will feel bonded and settled eventually, it is God's desire for him to be with you and He will be faithful to knit your hearts close together.

    ReplyDelete