Friday, August 2, 2013

86 miles

I like to run. 
I run a lot. 
Not a lot like these ultra runners, but I logged 86 miles in the month of July. I impressed myself. Sometimes though being a runner and being a M.O.B.-- mother of boys don't flow cohesively. 
Enter this bad boy--the stroller not the baby. 
I snagged it today from my new friend Jennifer, whom I just met when I bought this stroller from her today in the parking lot of Panera in Brannon Crossing. I paid 50 bucks and walked or better ran away this little piece of running freedom. 
Obviously my awesome husband accommodates my running or I wouldn't have logged 86 miles this month, but this blessed little (large) thing gives us all a little freedom and lets my boys have a little fun riding along on my runs. 
I know life is compared to a race. And what's important is that we run steady and that we finish well. Life has felt like a sprint lately and it's seemed to fly by at locomotive speed. 
I learn a lot about motherhood, life and this thing called adoption every day. Sometimes I miss the lesson because I'm caught up in the busyness of the day. Sometimes the lesson is tattooed into my brain. I'm thankful for the toughness of life because I learn so much more about God and what it means to live in obedience. 
It's Friday! I'm letting the lessons sink in and rejoicing in the addition of a new to me jogging stroller and a new friend!
I am blessed. 
I do nothing to deserve it. 
Can I get an amen?!
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment