Monday, December 6, 2010

The Great Divide

Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
C. S. Lewis

This is how I'm feeling today.
Ready to be done with it all.
Ready to kiss this world good-bye.
See ya later, alligator.

I'm feeling my sin which is manifesting itself as FEAR.

Man, is it ever a problem for me!
Usually at night as I'm trying to drift off to sleep and then the cold hand grips my heart and threatens to squeeze the life out of it.
My mind (which is always thinking) begins doing double-time and I imagine in great detail any and every tragedy that could happen to me, including my own demise, which should bring relief, but then I just feel sad that John Owen has to live without his mother.
RIDICULOUS!

I've been feeling a lot lately and not necessarily thinking rationally.
If I'm not careful and coat of blahness will wrap its arms around me and I'll find my day ending with non-productivity and nothing much accomplished.

Yet again, I'm painfully honest in hopes that you (and I) see Christ.

I know that as much as His grace was sufficient, as much as His peace surrounded when Ella Grace was with us, it surrounds us now.

Some days I find it hard to walk in it.

I know that there is a time for mourning and weeping.
And then there's a time for laughing and dancing.

I think I'm in the Great Divide between the two. (Headed towards the laughing and dancing, of course.)

By the way, I love C.S. Lewis and not for his Chronicles of Narnia which I've never read, but for his other works such as, Mere Christianity, and The Problem of Pain.
You should check them out if you haven't already.

Thanks for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment