Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Birthdays, Colors, and Waits

John Owen Thurman will turn a grand two years old in exactly 14 days!

He's lived A LOT of life in those almost two years.
He knows how to say the letter "A" and how to count to 3 and if you ask him what his name is, he'll
say, "Me!"
He's had almost ten haircuts, visited nine states, fallen an innumerable amount of times, swam in the ocean and pools.
His best friend is his dog, June. She's a black lab.

He loves fruit and juice and especially Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. (They are his favorite!)
He's learning to use the big boy potty.
He still sleeps in his crib.
He makes me smile, laugh, cry, and want to scream all in the same day.

He is my third child of four and the only one I have been given the privilege to walk this life on earth with. (The others I'll see in eternity.)

I treasure my time with him and know that he is on loan to me.
I try everyday to drink in everything about him, even the temper tantrums and hard-headedness.

He has a brother in Ethiopia that we haven't met yet!

We hope to meet him soon.

But until we do,

We wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment