Friday, August 26, 2011

Family Dates

Life's a busy roller-coaster. Not many people say, "Man, I just don't have enough to do today."
Our life plates are usually overflowing making us look like that person at a buffet who seems
to think he won't eat again this decade.
So how do families find time for each other in the midst of life's chaos?

Family Dates!

Many couples designate a certain night of the week as the infamous DATE NIGHT.
I'm fan and think this is a Good thing.

But often we forget how fleeting the time we have with our children is and we never set aside a night,
or part of a day or even an hour as a Family Date.
Maybe we just don't think about it, but I think it's as important as the sacred DATE NIGHT.

We take Family Dates.
Not every week, but usually a few times a month.
This doesn't mean this date is the only time we spend together, but it's
special.
We do something special or silly, like go get an ice cream or go the park or
go to our favorite pizza place downtown.

They're usually nothing expensive, but it's time that we put our cell phones away and
really focus on our family.

I know I'll treasure those dates as much as I treasure the ones with my husband because
I know my time with my sweet boy is fleeting. One day I'll wake up and he'll be grown and moved away busy with the chaos of his own life.


No comments:

Post a Comment