Monday, December 17, 2012

A Thousand Years is like a Day (to Him)

Several weeks ago we had received word that our case would hopefully be submitted to the US Embassy on December 18th and then after that we would probably wait 3-7 weeks to hear when we could travel to bring Melaku home.
We were notified today that Melaku's passport has not been received and we will NOT be submitted to the US Embassy tomorrow. If his passport comes in the next day or two, our case manager in Ethiopia is going to take our case to the Embassy later this week. Apparently, submission days for our agency are only on Tuesdays. (I believe this is an US Embassy assignment, not our agency's thing.) Our case manager in Ethiopia is going to take our case anyway and ask the Embassy to take it anyway, IF the passport comes in time.
Additionally, the Embassy will close next week for the holidays, so even if they took our case this week, they wouldn't begin reviewing it until after next week. Our prayer is that the passport would come in the next day or so and that the Embassy would take our case this week even though it's won't be submitted on the right submission day.
I would like to emphasize that this is the US Embassy we're dealing with, not the people of Ethiopia, so it's not the Ethiopians who are placing regulations on when cases can be submitted.
Additionally, I know the US Embassy does more than process adoption cases and they of course receive a pretty bum rap due to other immigration issues and concerns in this country.

God is not constrained by time. A thousand years is like one day to Him and vice versa. In situations like this when I feel disappointment and a little out of control of things, I remind myself that God is always good and He does what is best. I have to ask myself when I wonder why things aren't going like I think they should "Do I believe God's Word? Not just part of it, but all of it?" The answer is yes, I do and I know He does what is best always!
Thank you for being on this journey with us and we covet your prayers that our case will make it to the Embassy this week and that they will begin the review.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment