Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Boys from Ethiopia

Last Friday, J.O. and I had a playdate in Louisville with my friend's kids. She and her husband recently brought home their little boy from Ethiopia. He's now five and a LOT of fun. I think I had as much fun as John Owen.

Here they are playing in the sandbox. I don't have a picture of John Owen throwing sand in my friend's little girl's eyes.  (He really knows how to pick up the ladies!)

My friend's son, Hooper was "helping" me take pictures of all the fun they were having.


Betcha didn't remember how much fun playing in sand could be?! They all had a great time!



Hosanna's caught on that I'm taking pictures and she isn't too sure if she wants to be photographed. This is before J.O. threw sand in her eyes.

We are still waiting for our sweet boy from Ethiopia to be home with us.
This morning as Zack prayed for us, he asked the Lord for our boy to be in our home. 
Things are not great in Ethiopia right now. I know that's easy for us to forget because it's so far away from us and it's not like it's on the news, but many people are hungry and many children are without moms and dads and the orphanages are overcrowded and understaffed and there's just not ENOUGH money.

But God is aware of all of this and He is in control.

Besides today is ONE day closer to the day when we bring our boy home! (That's something to be excited about!)





No comments:

Post a Comment