Monday, July 21, 2014

Road Trippin' and Poop

I took the notion to go on a road trip with my sons of thunder, solo. No other adult...just me. Yes, I am slightly crazy, but hey good times were had with our Virginia cousins---my nieces and nephews.
Here's a few pics as proof.
My sweet niece Abigail. She's eleven and quite nearly perfect. 
Here's a picture of both my nieces. That's little Caitlyn...she's got more sass that anyone I know, but is so much fun and a barrel of laughs! The party follows her for sure!
Throw in Austin. He's fourteen and little JO trying to be all grown up, too and the party's almost complete. My nephew Zach and my sweet baby James were both napping during this picture, I believe. Zach's twelve and JM's two, but when naptime calls, you answer no matter your age. Amen?
Fun was had and then the fun came to an end and the sons of thunder and I packed up Zack's truck and began the eight hour journey home.
This picture was taken at about hour eleven of our journey---a journey that took way longer than I'd hoped and gave me a few gray hairs. At this point we were almost home, but traffic had come to a standstill on the interstate. They were clearly slaphappy and I was maybe or maybe not shedding a few tears over the traffic situation. I was for sure crying on the inside.
A positive though was that James went poop in the potty for the first time. I count it all joy my friends that he chose our trip home to be the first time. I have no proof because I took no pictures, but if you can get the name of the woman standing outside of the women's bathroom in the Starbucks in Roanoke, Virginia where this beautiful thing occurred, where JO and I were also doing the happy dance and giving LOUD shouts of praise to JM. Yes, we opened the door to find her standing outside, smiling with us through her frustration at our delay.
Poop in the potty for the first time---or hey! anytime is a thing to be celebrated.
If you've forgotten how I feel about wiping butts, see my previous post from last summer.
As a disclaimer: JM pooped one more time in the potty on the road and hasn't done it in the potty since we've been home, so I'm still wiping butts around here.
But this too shall pass.
Am I sorry I made this trip? No Way!
Life with the Sons of Thunder is a fantastic journey full of bumps and ups and downs and I'm so, so glad I'm on it and I'm so, so glad I got to spend so much time with my nieces and nephews and other family!
Here's to cousins and Virginia family!
It's blurry, but if you squint it clears up some. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment