Thursday, August 21, 2014

Homework, Oh Homework



One "full" week of pre-school is in the books! What a great week! And JO had his first homework assignment, which really means I had homework. The assignment: Bring in a picture of your pet.
Easy enough, right? Big 'ole fat Wrong! We have two dogs---both black labs. June and Coal. I had one picture of June and that's it and this one picture was on the Cloud---you know, the ambiguous, mysterious Cloud. JO insisted on taking a picture of both June and Coal, though I tried to persuade him that it wouldn't really matter because they are basically the same dog, so it would be redundant to take two pictures of basically the same dog. 
PIcture One: Coal
Picture Two: June.
Basically the same picture with the exception of my shadow. 
I made the grave mistake of waiting until close to seven pm to head over to The Wal-Mart to print the two pictures of basically the same dog. If you've ever had the thought, I can wait until later to do that because I'll be able to do it at Wal-Mart, you need to smack yourself on the mouth and say you're sorry. Big 'ole mistake.
All three instant print photo machines were broken at The Wal-Mart, so I did the next best thing and used the One-Hour Photo machine and then made my way to the Photo center where only Doyle was working. Thirty minutes later Doyle couldn't find my pictures or even any sign that I'd placed an order. Why? Doyle said it was because so many people worked in the photo department. I said, "What people? I only see us, Doyle!"
If I'd stopped at that moment and taken a selfie, this is what my face would have looked like. Well, my face would have been white and freckeled, but you get the idea.
As I was contemplating what to do next because Doyle didn't have any clue how to help me, I heard Pink Floyd crooning "We don't need no education!" I may have considered just abadonning my children's education altogether, but sanity kicked in. I re-placed the order on the machine and Doyle was successfully able to retrieve my two photos of basically the same dog.
And I got the order for free--a whopping 58 cents! Go Doyle! I'll save it for when I have enough to buy a pack of gum.
And I got a happy pre-schooler!
I did consider going all Slingblade on The Wal-Mart for letting me down, pulling out my inner trashiness, but I managed to keep it inside and only let a few deep sighs and a couple of eye rolls go. It may or may not have looked like I was seizing.
Glad we left the chainsaw in the car 'cause this guy can really saw some logs with it! 
Back to educating my boys and looking for The Wal-Mart alternative and working on my patience. It's a virtue, right? (wink, wink)






No comments:

Post a Comment