Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Life Giving




"Oil and incense bring joy to the heart, and the sweetness of a friend is better than self-counsel." Proverbs 27:9 HCSB

I once heard a very wise and godly friend of mine talk about being a life-giving person. She explained the significance and importance of giving life to others with words of encouragement, challenge, and kindness and NOT draining life through whining, complaining, a critical spirit and bitterness. This lesson has stuck with me and I've hoped to be a life -giver not a life drainer, yet it is a struggle. I've even thought of how this applies within my own home with my husband and children. May I be a life-giver and not a life-drainer!

This past week I was blessed with a visit from three dear friends who are life-givers. They are undramatic, yet fun and adventurous. They are faithful and true, always ready with a kind, encouraging and challenging word. They are the type of friends with whom words are not necessary always. Their short visit was life-giving to me. Often I'm asked what I miss about Frankfort and I always immediately reply, "My friends!" Having these three friends visit and experience some of my most favorite places here was a special gift.

What a joy to share the meadow in RMNP which is hands down my favorite spot in Colorado. It truly is a special thing to be able to share this new place with old friends. We trekked all over, experiencing some of the most beautiful sights in the land. All with awe and excitement! We spoke many words, had many conversations, and sat in silence--all easily and comfortably!

So many people have visited with us and each visit has been life-giving to us! I'm always so humbled that people would travel so far to see us and experience this new place with us!

I hope that many more people will come! We are truly buoyed by your prayers and know that God is answering them.

Everyone who has visited has asked how they can help, and while there are plenty of things to do, mostly, we are helped just by your company. 

The beauty of this place is incredible. I find myself pinching myself at the reality that I get to live here. I really do love this city and the people in it. While we were hiking in RMNP, I found myself proudly telling people that I live in Fort Collins. 

The boys received new pajamas from their Nana and I have to say, this kid is rocking his like a boss. 
We couldn't continue on this journey without you. My hope is to create a Facebook Page for those of you who are holding the rope for us. It will be a private place to share some really specific prayer requests and updates---sort of like an extended version of our coffee and desserts! Be on the lookout if you are a Facebook user.  
Thank you for being life givers to us and for continuing to lift us up in your prayers. We are meeting so many people and building relationships. Our constant prayer is that God would build His church here in Fort Collins! May He increase and we decrease!






No comments:

Post a Comment