Friday, November 9, 2012

Sleep, Bollywood, and Euros

Sleep is evading me even though my body is tired. My mind is full and won't shut down. It's 5:30 am here. I wish you all were here to experience this with us. Not just meeting Melaku, but this place. It is so radically different from home. Not just in language or fashion or food, but it is a different life. It's still funny to me to turn the tv on and watch a Bollywood version of the American show The Voice.
I wondered at Western influence. It's obvious the guest house owners/operators have tried to give us what they think we want. When you read the room descriptions, they include things like buffet breakfast, private hot showers, t.v., and high speed Internet. Haha. I'm glad for those things for sure!
While we were in Frankfurt, Germany waiting for our next flight, we ordered breakfast. It consisted of a coke, a bowl of yogurt, and a cup of coffee. It came to 14 Euro which cost us 21.50 in US dollars. Crazy, isn't it?
I hope to post pictures of the city today, but no promises.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment