Monday, June 17, 2013

Butts and Jesus

Butts. I wipe my share of them everyday and I only have two boys. I'm sure wiping boys' butts are easier than girls because it's quick. Boys (at least mine) don't care how clean their butts are. A few swipes with the "wipey" or toilet paper or both if needed and off they go. James never cares if his butt gets wiped. He actually hates it and by hate, I mean loathes it. He's comfortable in a dirty diaper apparently. It's not unusual to hear Zack (he usually takes dirty diaper duty (the pun is intended)) say, "Stop crying James. I'm the one who should be crying." Hysterical...and true. 
Another favorite is when he says, "One day you'll have to wipe my butt." Equally funny and most likely true.
John Owen is a little more complicated. He's almost four (Don't judge me if your two year old is already reading and tying his own shoes) and he can be heard throughout the house or probably outside yelling, "I need my butt wiped!!!" It's always yelled loudly and frantically. Mostly because he doesn't like to wait for anything, but neither do I so I understand how he feels.
I know this butt-wiping phase will pass and I'll probably think back upon it fondly and wish my boys were babies again and I could wipe their butts just one more time. (Maybe not.)lol
I'm single-moming it over here while Zack is away on a mission trip, so while he's being the hands and feet of Jesus, I'm wiping butts (and noses still because there are still boogers). I do get to throw in the occasional lesson about God while wiping butts. It's usually in response to a question of how does poop come out of our bodies and why do we poop and why do we have butts. Oh little grasshopper, because that is how God made us and designed us and it is a good design! (And praise Jesus for extra thick wipes/toilet paper!)
Little minds do ponder everything and in no particular order. I really do think their thoughts crash around like bumper cars and if you have a kid like John Owen, they verbalize those thoughts as they come to them and out pops just whatever from their mouths.
John Owen asked the difference between girl dogs and boy dogs and the very next question was how Jesus came to be in your heart and then back to girl dogs and boy dogs.
From the mouths of babes, folks. I don't try to make sense of it. I'm just along for the ride!
So enjoy your Monday and if you're still wiping butts, I hope you, too get to throw in the occasional discussion of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment