Saturday, June 15, 2013

Boogers and Boo-Boos

Boogers are a constant part of my life. They're like a third child who doesn't say much and stays mostly hidden until we're in public and people want to talk to my boys. Then, well then the boogers show up. James' nose is the biggest contributor, but John Owen can hold his own in this booger fest that we have going on over here. Today, my friend, Lee Ann and I ran the Capital Stampede 10k downtown. We're training for a half-marathon in September and hit this race up for a nice change from our routine of running ridiculously early in the morning before most of you have even hit a good REM sleep cycle.
We did really well and raced across the finish line to PR. I walked over to my little family of Zack, John Owen and James and yes, you guessed the boogers.
Of course no one had a tissue, so James' booger, my third child just hung out (literally) with us while we cooled off and watched the rest of the finishers. John Owen sat in the stroller with his knees in his chest because he face planted on the sidewalk scraping his knees in the fiercest way. So my life today has been boogers and boo-boos.
We celebrate four months home with James this weekend. When I look back at the photos we took when we first met him and then first picked him up from the orphanage, I'm stunningly amazed at the change in him. He's a great kid and a lot of fun even on the most challenging of days.
He and John Owen love to play together and by play I mean push, shove, wrestle, roll around on the floor together. I consider that playing where boys are concerned. No one bleeds and no bones protrude, so I call it a great success that they are getting along so well! Can I get an amen? There are occasional tears, but unless you can show me blood or a broken something, "ain't nobody got time for that!"
Praise God for four months with James and even more so, Praise God for a Godly, loving husband who is an incredible father to my two boys!
I love it when John Owen says, "I don't want to be with you. I like Dad!" Yep, I like Dad too and completely understand why you'd want to be with him!  James, well, he just hangs out with me and his boogers!
Hope you have a great weekend and Father's Day---booger and boo-boo free!

No comments:

Post a Comment