Tuesday, November 9, 2010

About the Father

Originally published September 28, 2010
Zack. My opposite.
He is blessed with the ability to have a conversation with ANYONE.
I am not.
I have to speak about him because he will never tell his story in words on a blog. His story will be told though through the life he's living.
For now, I must share what I know of his heart in this journey.
He perseveres with joy.  He adheres to the word of God and trusts completely.
He laughs at my moodiness. Wipes my tears and lets me be sad some days or allows me to go off by myself to just think.
He is giving.
He thinks of me before himself and sacrifices his desires for mine and John Owen's.
Some may think that this journey is harder for me because I have the honor of carrying Ella Grace in my womb.
But you are mistaken. You see, I see the pained look in his eyes sometimes or see him pouring over the Word searching for God's truth and promises. Most of all, I see him continuing--continuing to live, continuing to preach, continuing to serve, continuing to invest in the lives of others.
His perseverance strengthens my perseverance.  His desire to honor God with service to others fuels my desire to honor God with service to others.
There may be a person somewhere who doesn't like Zack; I 'd argue that person has bad taste.
You know, it was first a Father--the Father who lost His child, His son, willingly. Who better to understand the sorrow and pain of losing a child than the One who gave His up willingly for us?
John Owen adores his dad. I'm thankful that he has a dad who points him to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment