Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweet Treasures

Originally published November 1, 2010


My lion.
Trick or Treating in the neighborhood. He has a Reeses in his hand.
Visiting the Arrastias.
Visiting the Caseys.
This Halloween we took our lion around to visit some friends. I have a few pictures above. We started at the Caseys'--His BB and KK and then headed over to the Brewers, but I don't have a pictures, finishing up at the Arrastias'.  All three families are sweet blessings to us and have helped us in countless ways.
The lion costume will be retired and we'll see what the future brings.
Saturday, October 30 marked ONE month since we lost Ella Grace.
You know how when someone leaves this earth, it takes a while to adjust to their not being here? It's like you have to find a new "normal".
Even though Ella Grace never lived on this earth, we still have to adjust to not having her. I know there are many like me (those women whose babies never lived on this earth or only breathed a few breaths before passing on) who understand what I mean.  We have to find a new "normal".
I think I have a greater understanding of the book of Ecclesiastes. I find GREAT joy in seeking to glorify God with my life. NOT in my circumstances, people, or things.  Circumstances change, people die, and material things don't hold their value.
You see I know that everything I have came from God and belongs to God and He can take it away whenever He chooses.
To most people, I have one child--a son.
To me, I have four children--three have passed on and one is still with me. I have more children in Heaven than on earth. What a blessing! Three of my children will never have to experience this world.
I count it great joy that I have faced trials--especially this trial because it has produced for me a priceless outcome--a greater knowledge and understanding of God and sweet, sweet treasures awaiting me in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment