Monday, November 22, 2010

Gifts

Of course it's that time of year to think about giving and yes, getting. (Who doesn't like to receive something?) This year I've taken a new approach to gifting--making my own. I've been having a lot of fun, probably too much.
I can't say I've created these incredibles products that are just going to WOW my family and friends, but I have had a lot of fun and taken a lot of time with them.
I'm thankful that I can do this.
And I can do this because I'm a stay-at-home mom. I'm thankful I'm a stay-at-home mom and wife because everything I do at home isn't just for that little boy who's been in "time out" a lot lately. : )

This year I'm thankful we aren't traveling during Thanksgiving. I will miss both of our families dearly. I mean dearly!
But, It's been quite the year, especially the last few months. It's nice to just stay home and refuel.
This morning I was remembering the day I found out I was pregnant. It was in June and I was visiting my folks. I went to the doctor there for a UTI and found out I was pregnant. I still remember the doctor's reaction as she came back in the room and yelled, "You're pregnant! Congratulations!" She really did yell.
That being said. I'm thankful for the life and death of Ella Grace. Without both of those events, I would not have learned the valuable wisdom I have learned and I would not have the love for people or God that I have. She truly was a gift and blessing.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving week.
We're decorating for Christmas this Saturday! I'm excited! I'll be posting pictures soon!

I'm also posting some pictures from the family shoot I did a few weeks ago.  Check them out! I'd love to take your pictures, if you're interested.

1 comment:

  1. This is heart-wrenching and beautiful. Your story is light through the fog. I think of you often and appreciate this slice of cyber-peace.

    ReplyDelete