Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Day of Firsts

Today...John Owen experienced his first structured, organized toddler class at BSF and...
He Loved It!
His cheeks were flush from all of his excitement when I picked him up afterwards. Delightful.

It was also my first day at BSF and I have to say it was a great day!
I've never been in a Bible study like this and I think I'm going to really like it.

So what did I learn? It's funny how we can know a truth, but sometimes it takes someone saying it aloud for us to really latch on to it.
That's what happened to me today.
Someone said, "Is there anything in your life that God can't handle?" A pause. "Well, then what are you worried about?!"
Seems simple, I know, but I do tend to worry about small things, like paying bills, clutter in my house, John Owen's sporadic eating habits, and death.
Not my own death, but John Owen's, or Zack's, or another family members.

But today I had to ask myself if I really believed that there was NOTHING in my life that God couldn't handle.
I do believe that, so I've decided to start living like I believe it.
I know it'll be a daily thing, but doesn't He tell us to cast our cares and anxieties on Him? (I Peter 5)
That's what I'm purposing to do--cast 'em away.
He does a better job of ordering my life than I ever could.
And His grace is more than sufficient for any need or care I should ever have.
That I know because I have first-hand knowledge of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment