Monday, November 8, 2010

On the Sovereignty of God

Originally published September 6, 2008
  I wanted to see the world.  I wanted to be where all the people were.  Those were the two singular desires of my heart when I was a child.  They shifted through my body, at times becoming an ache, at others an excitement of what the future held.  I was twelve and I wanted to be many things.
   Twenty years later I've done many things, been to many places. But it is not the things that I've done and the places I've been that have defined me.  It is the trials I've experienced that have molded me into who I am today.
  I know God is Sovereign.  I understand that He is the author of life, thus He has the right to give it and to take it.  I know His ways are better than mine.  He has poured blessings upon my life.  He has allowed me to fulfill the dreams I had as a twelve year old girl--I've traveled to many beautiful places, had many good friends, done many things in my life.
   The greatest blessing is experiencing the Sovereignty of God in my own life. It has been painful, excruciatingly so at times, but the knowledge I've gained has been priceless.  Through the trials, through the loss I've gained a knowledge of God so priceless that of course it comes at a high price.  It is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment