Monday, November 8, 2010

Planning for Ella Grace-Part One


This is John Owen in his Little Tikes car!I guess he's pondering life or maybe just enjoying the afternoon.
Now, this is just precious! My men!
First, I have to tell you all that Zack was able to feel Ella Grace move last night. It's probably early for that since we are only sixteen weeks, but what a blessing that he has felt her already! God is sweet! We have had such a good time with John Owen this week. A sweet family gave us a Little Tikes car and he's enjoyed it so much. It has occupied him for at least 45 minutes everyday. I'm including some pictures so you can see just how much fun he's having.
Zack and I have begun Part One of Planning for Ella Grace. These next five months are our "Joy Months" because we are going to choose to rejoice in Ella Grace's life. It's such a blessing to have her even if for a short time. She's already watched some college football and eaten at Cracker Barrel. In October we hope to take her to her first Georgia football game between the hedges in Athens. I'm super excited about that one!
For now our planning involves ways we can create keepsakes of her time with us. When I was pregnant with John Owen someone told me about a pregnancy spa in Lexington called Baby's Belly. They do 3d and 4d ultrasounds, which if you didn't know are all the rage now.  I thought it was silly to pay that much money for an ultrasound when I could get one at my doctor's office (not 3d).  But I decided to check out their site the other day and saw that if you get a 3d/4d ultrasound package they video and audio record it.  This means we'd have a video of Ella Grace in the womb and we'd also have her heartbeat recorded. So, I think we might try to do it.
I've also decided to start a scrapbook/journal.  I'm not sure exactly what this is going to look like, so any ideas from all you scrapbookers out there are appreciated.  I'm not really a scrapbooker, but it's something I really want to do.
I also want to record her footprints in different pastel colors on a plate or something.  Not sure about the details of that one either so once again, ideas are welcome.
I have to tell you that I hope in this journey you see the glory of God in it all. Know that I am weak and most days, I struggle, but I know that it's a daily battle and everyday I must choose to seek God's face and to joy in the path He has chosen for me. He is ever so faithful to me and when I choose to walk in obedience to Him, He rains His joy upon me. I've never experienced anything like it in such a difficult time. Maybe because I've always focused more on myself and not on Christ.
I am truly blessed to have such great friends and family members who pray for me and send me encouraging cards in the mail. Checking the mail is so much fun because I'm almost guaranteed a card or two waiting on me. Most especially I'm blessed to be learning and seeing the things I am on this incredible journey.
One day (soon) there will be a time for mourning, a time for weeping---my heart will break into a thousand pieces when my little girl leaves this earth. BUT for today, I choose to joy in the gift of her life growing in my womb. To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment